Have a question?
Here you will find answers to the most frequently asked questions (FAQ). If you have another question, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Is there a deadline for registration?
There is no deadline to register, however, it is strongly recommended to register at least 3 weeks before the start of the course.
- When can I start a course?
Admissions to French courses take place every Monday, except for complete beginners.
Complete beginner’s calendar:
03/01/22 – 07/02/22 – 07/03/22 – 04/04/22 – 02/05/22 – 07/06/22 – 04/07/22 – 18/07/22 – 01/08/22 – 15/08/22 – 05/09/22 – 03/10/22 – 07/11/22 – 05/12/22
- For how long can I take the courses?
The minimum duration of a session is 1 week.
The duration of your courses is to be adapted according to your objectives and availabilities.
A minimum of 4 weeks is required to see real progress.
- What do I need to bring on the first day of class?
Just bring a notebook and a pen.
- What is the minimum age to study at CAVILAM - Alliance Française?
You must be at least 16 years of age.
However, the “Sports and Language” program is designed for 12-16 year olds.
- Can I take a vacation during my stay?
If you are enrolled in an intensive French program, you can take:
– 1 week for a stay of 24 weeks
– 2 weeks for a stay of 36 weeks
- What happens if you are absent from classes?
In case of absence, the course will not be retaken or refunded.
In the event of a prolonged absence, the place in your class is no longer guaranteed and we will not be able to provide you with a Certificate of Attendance. When you come back, however, you can re-enter another class according to your level.
- What happens if the courses are canceled?
In case of cancellation of the course by the student, the following fees will be retained:
• Cancellation 1 week or more before the start of the course: 85 €
• Cancellation less than 1 week before the start of the course: 85 € + cost of one week of course
• Cancellation after the start of the course, or during the course: 80 € + full tuition
- Can we exchange currency in Vichy?
Foreign exchange is possible in Vichy, for US dollars, pounds sterling, Canadian dollars and Swiss francs. For other currencies, please contact a foreign exchange office upon arrival at the airports of Paris or Lyon.
There are many distributors in Vichy and throughout France, accepting international bank cards (Mastercard, Eurocard, American Express, Visa).
Attention : $100 USD denominations are strongly discouraged because verification of their authenticity can take up to 3 weeks.