French courses for Seniors 50+
Are you over 50 and you want to learn French with people of common ages and interests? French courses for Seniors 50+, offered several times a year, allow you to acquire a good linguistic knowledge while privileging the cultural aspects throughout your stay. Vichy, city of water, architecture and history, plunges you into the art of living in the French way.
French lessons are held every morning in small groups. Intensive French courses are based on learning at your own pace and on themes that are adapted to your interests (society, art and culture, gastronomy …). Our French courses for Seniors 50+ focus on the acquisition of the 4 main language skills (speaking, writing, listening and reading) recommended by the CEFR (Common European Framework of Reference for Languages). However, our teachers prefer the practice of language, communication and oral comprehension in order to allow you to reach an autonomous level.
The cultural program takes place after lunch. All activities of the cultural program, such as excursions and trips are done in a private mini bus with a CAVILAM – Alliance française’s animator or teacher. The tours are on foot (at a light pace) and distances are calculated in order to provide the necessary breaks. Vichy and the Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes region lend themselves to guided tours where history and French know-how are omnipresent. Discover the mysterious castles of the Dukes of Bourbon, the secular Romanesque churches or the breath-taking volcanic panoramas. Throughout the visits of the city of Vichy, you will better understand all the facets of the history of France, from the Second Empire to the Second World War, as well as the luxury that it still enjoys today thanks to its baths, its sports activities and its rich gastronomy.
Cultural Activities Program
- Sun : Arrival and reception at the station
- Mon : Guided tour of the historic center of Vichy.
- Tue : Introduction to petanque + friendly drink.
- Wed : Museum visit
- Thu : Visit of city of art and history, Clermont-Ferrand.
- Fri : Castle tour and arts and crafts.
- Sat : Full day excursion in the region.
- Mon : Guided tour “The secrets of Vichy”
- Tue : Oenological workshop and French wine tasting.
- Wed : Visit of the city of Moulins and the National Center for Stage Costume.
- Thu : Cooking and tasting workshop + Diner in a renowned French restaurant.
- Fri : Day-off
- Sat : Transfer and departure at the station
Start the adventure of French in a few clicks
Registration fee: 80 € (valid for 1 year)